Junior Ambassador Program
The Texas Pork Producers Association has dedicated numerous years to advocating, educating, and encouraging Texas youth. With efforts to continue our mission of advancing a sustainable and profitable pork industry, the association was inspired to create a youth program that would generate visible youth leaders for our industry and communities.
In 2023, the Texas Pork Producers Association Junior Ambassador Program was implemented to create current and future youth advocates. Over the course of two years, junior ambassadors will participate in association events, youth tours, personal development training, and educational sessions. Junior ambassadors will encourage, educate, and serve to help take part in actively advocating wherever they are.
Meet the Texas Pork Junior Ambassadors
Junior Ambassador Applications
What will Junior Ambassadors do?
Junior Ambassadors can expect to:
- Participate in training, orientation, and self-development activities
- Assist in facilitating all association events
- Have the opportunity to travel to different regions of Texas to meet with different members of the swine and agricultural industry
- Network with other junior ambassadors and youth throughout the state
- Improve public speaking, time management, networking skills, and more
- Provide content for the TPPA website and magazine issues
- Pioneer new ways to improve and educate the Texas swine industry
Junior Ambassadors will attend:
- Texas Pork Industry Conference
- TPPA Junior Ambassador Orientation
- TPPA Junior Ambassador Tour
- TPPA Junior Ambassador Beginning of the Year Planning
- Texas’ Elite Showcase
- BBQ Austin
Texas Pork Producers Association Junior Ambassadors will serve a term of two (2) years. Each year, four (4) junior ambassadors will be selected to serve a two (2) year term. Every year during June, a new group of four (4) members is elected.
**For the first year (2023), we will elect six (6) junior ambassadors. In 2024, we will move forward with selecting four (4) junior ambassadors each year.
The selection process will consist of a written application and an interview process. All applications must be postmarked to the TPPA Office by May 1st. From there, the youth advisory committee will review all applications anonymously. Through a rubric given, applicants can earn up to 80 points. Each committee member will review and award points to each application. Once all applications are sent in, the Director of Youth and Communications will add all points together. The highest scores will be interviewed.
Applicants will be notified of their status by May 15th.
Interviews will be conducted virtually on Friday, May 24th with the applicant, an outside group of industry professionals, and the Director of Youth and Communications. The applicant will be asked questions formed by the outside group of industry professionals. Interviews will last no longer than 20 minutes.
After all interviews are completed, the interview panel will rank the applicants individually. Rankings will determine which youth members will be selected to serve as a Texas Pork Producers Association Junior Ambassador.
Junior ambassadors will be announced within 24 hours of the final interview.