Texas Pork Youth Conference
Texas Pork Youth Conference (TPYC) is held each year in conjunction with the association’s annual conference. Lead by the Texas Pork Junior Ambassadors, youth members in attendance will engage in all aspects of the pork industry, development activities, and of course, a whole lot of fun!
For 2024, the youth conference will be in San Marcos, TX from May 17-18. This event is open to any youth who have an interest in the growing within the swine industry. Be on the lookout for more details in early 2024!
Texas Pork Leadership camp
Texas Pork Leadership Camp (TPLC) is an intense, progressive and thought-provoking week, full of activities, tours, and presentations featuring all aspects of the pork production industry from Farm to Fork! You’ll have the opportunity to visit with world-leading commercial hog operations, top Universities & industry professionals and tour large-scale harvesting and pork processing plants.
Camp will be held every odd year. The next camp will be in 2025.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- 4-H or FFA members who are 16-18 years old and not in college yet.
- Have a definite interest in the pork industry.
- Are willing to learn, grow and be an advocate for the swine industry.
- Interested in devoting five days of long hours to meeting interesting people and gaining a wealth of knowledge pertaining to the Texas and US pork industry.
- Must be approved by a selection process that will include evaluation of the written application.
- If accepted, students must complete online PQA Plus training before arriving for camp.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT and HANDS-ON LEARNING EXPERIENCES:
Each individual participating in the camp will be required to give individual oral presentations as well as working together as a team on projects. Each student will participate in media training and give an on-camera interview. They will also be required to participate in a final discussion at the end of the camp answering questions prepared by other campers and staff. The camp leaders will provide assistance for all of these activities. Individual and team participation throughout all activities and tours. Students should not register for this camp if they are not eager and serious about learning and participating in these public speaking and meat processing activities.