Application Materials are due to the TPPA Office by March 15, 2022
The purpose of this internship is for the selected student(s) to become involved in the pork industry by actively engaging in the daily functions of the Texas Pork Producers Association. Intern(s) will not only work to enhance the development & delivery of program activities, but also assist in providing communications & educational opportunities for producers, youth and the public about the pork industry.
1. Observe the functions of an agricultural organization.
2. Gain communications and public relations experience.
3. Learn about producer and youth educational programs.
4. Learn about marketing, promotional & public relations programs.
5. Be involved in the development & implementation of said programs.
6. Represent TPPA in a professional & positive manner throughout the internship
10-12 week internship during the summer, with details, will be determined on an individual basis. The intern will be actively involved in various activities and tasks, including but not limited to the following:
1. Represent TPPA at industry events.
2. Assist with multi-media marketing & pork promotion; design advertisements, build web content.
3. Prepare, organize & carry out functions of the Texas Pork Industry Conference & Youth Symposium.
4. Be involved in the writing of press releases and feature stories for the Producer Connection magazine and TPPA website.
5. Perform daily office tasks including: answering phones, filing, data entry & assisting membership.
Position(s) is available to any student, but preference will be given to those meeting the following criteria:
1. A Texas resident
2. A full-time college student with an agricultural-related major that has experience in communications, marketing and journalism.
3. A student in good scholastic standing with excellent written & oral communication skills.
4. Exhibits a genuine interest in animal agriculture.
The intern will be paid on an hourly basis to help cover expenses during the summer and/or a scholarship will be paid directly to their college institution. Details will be discussed prior to the beginning of the internship.
Please submit a cover letter and resume that portrays your qualifications and desire to work in agriculture, specifically the pork industry.
If interested please call or email us at 806.705.6800 or email@example.com!