Become a CTBR Breeder
Follow the steps below to become a breeder of the Certified Texas Bred Registry program.
Step 1: Purchase your Membership by September 1st
- All CTBR breeders must be current members of the Texas Pork Producers Association. To purchase your membership, please click here.
- You can purchase your membership at any time; however, association memberships are valid from September 1, 2023, to August 31, 2024. Membership dues will need to be renewed each year prior to September 1st.
- CTBR Breeders must be SIP, producer, or youth members.
- Youth members must be 21 and younger.
Step 2: Complete a Litter Record by September 1st
- All breeders must submit a CTBR Litter Record prior to September 1, 2023 to be eligible to purchase CTBR Certificates for the 2024 Major Shows.
- Litter records are still accepted after the September 1 deadline; however, there will be a $100 late fee.
- TPPA strongly encourages breeders to notch litters in sequence starting with litter 1 notch. Breeders that do not use this method must furnish litter numbers as part of the CTBR Litter Record.
- If you plan to purchase CTBR certificates under more than one business/partnership name, then you MUST file a Litter Record for each business/partnership name. Example: “John Smith Show Pigs” and “Ricky & John Smith Show Pigs” also.
- To complete the litter record form, please click here.
Step 3: Purchase CTBR Certificates by December 15th
- The deadline for $7 certificates is December 15th. Certificates can still be purchased after this date; however, they will be sold at $14 per certificate.
- Upon the purchase of your certificates, you will receive a package in the mail within 14 days since the order was placed. In this package, will be your CTBR certificates AND breeder log.
- Each gilt participating at the Texas’ Elite Showcase and each barrow participating at the Rodeo Austin barrow show MUST have valid CTBR certificate in order to compete.
- To purchase CTBR certificates, please click here.
Step 4: Complete your Breeder Log by January 1st
- Please match your certificate number on each certificate to the corresponding number on your breeder log. Once this is completed, please email or mail your breeder log to the TPPA office by January 1st.
- Any breeder logs submitted after this deadline will need to pay a $25 late fee.
- To pay the Breeder Log late fee, please click here.
- If you need a replacement certificate for a barrow or gilt, a member of TPPA staff can assist you at the show.
- Any initial certificate orders of 50 certificates or more will be able to obtain the $7 certificate price.