Who can attend?
1. 4-H or FFA members who are 16-18 years old and not in college yet.
2. Have a definite interest in the pork industry.
3. Are willing to learn, grow and be an advocate for the swine industry.
4. Interested in devoting five days of long hours to meeting interesting people and gaining a wealth of knowledge pertaining to the Texas and US pork industry.
5. Must be approved by a selection process that will include evaluation of the written application.
6. If accepted, students must complete online PQA Plus training before arriving for camp.
✓ Key Industry Issues
✓ Live Animal Evaluation
✓ Taste & Sensory Panels
✓ Promotion & Media
✓ Leadership & Team Building
✓ College Prep, Careers & Internships
✓ Harvesting & Processing
✓ Breeding, Reproduction & Genetics on a Commercial Level
✓ Retail Marketing
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT and HANDS-ON LEARNING EXPERIENCES:
Each individual participating in the camp will be required to give individual oral presentations as well as working together as a team on projects. Each student will participate in media training and give an on-camera interview. They will also be required to participate in a final discussion at the end of the camp answering questions prepared by other campers and staff. The camp leaders will provide assistance for all of these activities. Individual and team participation throughout all activities and tours. Students should not register for this camp if they are not eager and serious about learning and participating in these public speaking and meat processing activities.
Click Pictures to Enlarge