The Certified Texas Bred Registry program was established to promote Texas-bred and raised pigs and
support both the breeders and the 4-H / FFA youth of Texas who raise & show Certified Texas-bred pigs.
How does participation benefit you?
✓ Additional Premiums
• $100 premium is awarded to individuals exhibiting a CTBR Class Champion in each class of the barrow
shows at the State Fair of Texas, Fort Worth Stock Show, San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Rodeo Austin
and the Houston Livestock Show.
• $65,900+ was awarded during the 2022-2023 show season to Texas 4-H and FFA students.
✓ Scholarship Opportunities
• In 2023, six scholarships and one production grant were awarded at $2,500 each.
✓ Participate in TEXAS’ ELITE SHOWCASE!
• Texas’ Elite Showcase will be the premier junior gilt show and sale in the state and is only open to youth exhibiting pigs registered in the Certified Texas Bred Registry program.
• This event will feature the state’s best genetics, showcasing outstanding youth and elite CTBR gilts!
• Higher class premiums guaranteed to each class – $1,000 added premium spread out over the top five
• Dynamic gilt marketing campaign to provide great opportunities for youth
✓ Participate in Rodeo Austin!
• Rodeo Austin is exclusive to CTBR barrows.
• The dates for this year’s show is March 16-18, 2023. For more information, the Rodeo Austin website.
How to participate?
✓ Buy your showpigs from a CTBR breeder!
✓ Exhibit your CTBR pig at a Texas Major Show or the State Fair of Texas!
✓ Become a TPPA member for additional benefits!
Documents and Other Information
On behalf of the Texas Pork Producers Association membership and Texas 4-H and FFA exhibitors, we want to say THANK YOU to our Certified Texas Bred Registry Sponsor.