1. Coat meat lightly with seasoned flour, if desired.
2. In a large, heavy pan with a lid, brown meat on all sides in a small amount of oil; remove excess drippings from the pan.
3. Cover meat with desired liquid(s).
4. Cover pan and simmer over low heat on stove or in a low to moderate (275 to 300° F) oven for 1 to 3 hours, until tender.
5. If adding vegetables, add toward the end of cooking time, during the last 20 to 45 minutes.
Cubed and Sliced Loin or Shoulder 1 inch thick 45 minutes – 1 hour
Leftovers? They’re even better reheated tomorrow.
Prepare dinner in the slow cooker and it’s ready when you are!
For more information on cooking with pork visit porkbeinspired.com